News & Offers
Coronavirus Lockdown Update - 5th November 2020.
Following the announcement of a new lockdown commencing 5th November until 2nd December, we have read Government and trade association guidance and issue the following summary in good faith:
- Mayflower Marina will remain operational during the lock down, however the marina is closed to members of the Public.
- Jolly Jacks, our restaurant is closed until 3rd December.
- Our tenants and authorised contractors will still be able to visit the marina for work related purposes.
- Local fishermen, with a permit to fish, will still be able to fish from the marina.
- Local berth holders will be able to visit their boats occasionally during the lockdown period for exercise purposes. Please note that we do not know whether recreational day boating is permitted – see also RYA and British Marine links below.
- Overnight stays aboard vessels are not permitted unless your boat is your primary residence.
The above information is subject to change.
More generally, we urge you to adhere to the National and Industry specific guidance as detailed below:
Full details of the Government lockdown restrictions can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
Royal Yachting Association advice can be found here: https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/coronavirus-advice-and-information-for-recreational-boaters.aspx
British Marine advice can be found here: https://www.britishmarine.co.uk/Services/Representation-and-Promotion/Industry-Campaigns/Coronavirus/Marina-Guidance
We have written to all berth holders regarding the new lockdown restrictions and we have arrangements in place to assist berth holders during the lockdown period. We will do what we can to help during this difficult period. Please contact us on 01752 556633 for assistance.
Anyone legitimately visiting Mayflower Marina is expected to observe social distancing and hygiene guidance as follows:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds. Hand sanitiser is available at various locations around the marina site.
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
Test & Trace
Test & Trace QR codes are located around the marina for your convenience. If you don’t have the Test & Trace App you can get help to download it here https://covid19.nhs.uk/help-downloading.html
If electronic gadgetry is not your thing, please register your presence on site in the marina office. We will take contractor and other visitor contact details and record them securely. Any data provided for this purpose is subject to GDPR protection and will only be used to facilitate NHS Test & Trace.
Berth holders and tenants access / egress movements are recorded via our ANPR cameras and our car park entry system, so if you don’t use the App, but you do use your fob, we will have your details should we need them for tracing purposes, and you will not need to register your presence.
5th November 2020.